Today, I was thinking. A pasttime I ought to pursue more fully. And what I came up with was this:
Life is precious. The fact that every life is unique astounds me. No person has the same experiences as another. Some experiences are thrown in one's way, others are the results (direct or indirect) of one's actions. Why? I guess it couldn't be any other way. How boring it would be to know that someone else had already lived your life, and all you had to do was follow the manual to the letter? I'm glad I have the ability to write my own book of my life's adventures, completely different from anyone else's.
My life is already full of experiences, people, places to remember forever. I chose to let some of them in, and others walked in without knocking politely.
I love my family. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I chose my family members in the pre-existance, and when I remember that I love them all the more. I look forward to eternity with them.
I love my friends. I am so happy when they make righteous decisions that will lead them to happiness. I hope they know that I am always willing to help them; I hope my actions in the past have shown them that.
Funnily enough, I love where I live. Although the weather can be, let's say, fickle, it is so beautiful. Do places have personalities? I think so. The quirks of each town are apparent in its looks and its people.
I love my life. The experiences that have changed me, the things I've learned from making choices while growing up, the realization that my life is my own have made me appreciate life, so I will close the same way I opened this post: Life is precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment