I am forever grateful for His Spirit, and the impressions and counsel I receive. I only wish I would choose more often not to ignore that counsel, to make the right decisions, even when i don't fully comprehend all the implications of those decisions.
When I do ignore that counsel, i dig myself into a little hole. and i'm oh so very good at digging that hole a whole lot deeper than i ever intended it to be.
So that's the purpose of this post. I'm going to stop digging, and start climbing out. It's going to be tough. I would imagine there will be tears and heartbreak involved. And i'll have to admit to lots of people that i made a mistake, that i am not perfect, that sometimes i'm downright stupid.
But that's ok. Because then my life will stop mimicking las telenovelas. And I just might feel at peace again. And I'll remember the next time I pick up the shovel, that digging a hole is probably not the best idea. And maybe, just maybe, I won't make the same mistake again.
No comments:
Post a Comment