background

Friday, July 2, 2010

Reunion

The Lund family is crazy, it's true. But I'm just as crazy as the rest of them, so I can't complain. Spending 3 days in central Utah without cell phones / internet must have been taxing on most of the 60 people in attendance, but they didn't let it show. We got to spend time with each other. Six states were represented.

My family was in charge of buying all the food. Thank goodness for Cosco. We definitely ate well: breakfast burritos, taco salad, those delicious muffins, and, of course, M&Ms by the fistful.
Activities included hiking, playing Phase 10, watching Avatar: the Last Airbender, sleeping, Minute to Win It, campfire silliness, announcing the winner of the Lund Biggest Loser contest, roasting marshmallows and starbursts, and just talking and laughing together.

After the fun and games of reunionizing, we celebrated my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. They are so happy just being together and seeing the progress their family has made. All 10 kids are now happily married and having children of their own. Two grandchildren are married, one has returned from a mission, and two more are out on missions. The next oldest grandchild has an almost-fiance, who also came to the reunion. The youngest grandchild is just a couple of months old, and absolutely adorable. Our family is still growing! I wonder how large we will be in three years at the next reunion.

At the 50th celebration, we took family pictures at Thanksgiving Point, and had a nice luncheon with a program by the 10 kids of Mike and Maria. Several of them sang songs and shared memories. I really felt their testimonies of being an eternal family, and I felt that I am a part of that family. No matter what my last name is in the future, I will always be a Lund. I know that I will always be able to go to Grandma's house and find M&Ms and a warm hug waiting for me. I know that this family is a forever family, and I love it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment